Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary, NC
Bathrooms are sometimes overlooked in the home when it comes to design and décor. The utilitarian bathroom design and functionality of years past has improved dramatically over the years. From taller, more user friendly cabinets and countertops to beautiful walk-in showers and spa-like tubs, today’s bathrooms are more functional and beautiful than ever. Creating your own unique and private oasis in the bathroom may seem like an overwhelming task. Consulting a kitchen and bath professional to design your space and help with selections and construction can make the process much easier and fun. In addition a bathroom remodel can greatly improve your home’s value. Call Kitchen & Bath Environments today for a free design consultation.
Today’s bathrooms can be both economical and eco-friendly.
- Design your new bathroom for longevity. Choose materials that are long lasting and not trendy so you won’t want or need to replace them.
- Use low flow faucets, toilets and shower controls to save on water consumption and keep your money from going down the drain.
- When creating a new lighting plan for your bathroom consider LED (Light-emitting Diode) fixtures. LED lights give off little heat and use much less electricity.
- Use low VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) emitting paints and finishing materials such as cabinets and moldings. Cabinetry is also available with wood that is certified by the Forestry Stewardship Council (FSC).
- Use recycled products such as glass or ceramic tiles for bathroom floors and countertops. Heated coils can also be used under ceramic flooring as an economical way to keep your bathroom warm and cozy.
- Use sustainable woods such as Lyptus or Bamboo as an eco-friendly alternative for cabinets, countertops and flooring.
- Consult a professional green contractor and design professional. They will help to guide you through the entire remodeling process. From re-using and recycling materials to more efficient designs and construction techniques.
Now is a great time to remodel your bathroom and create your own private oasis of relaxation and comfort.